Nine Importance – Power of Prayer
Power of Prayer
Prayer is a powerful tool through which we communicate our needs and desires to God. God of the universe, looks into our hearts and pour down heavy showers of blessings upon us when we approach Him with prayer and supplication.
The power of prayer is the power that comes to us when we realize that God can be our point of reference in the midst of all the confusions of our daily lives, the steadfastness of God rather than the incomplete, fragile inconsistencies of ourselves. It’s the power that comes when we’re able to be centered, anchored in a belief and rooted in a Truth, which is stronger and deeper than the day-to-day truths we struggle with.
Are you troubled by your circumstances today? Pour out your heart to God and trust in Him (Bible, Psalm 62:8). He will never forsake you. The Psalmist in distress says, “My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?” (Bible, Psalm 42:2). He then says in Bible, Psalm 42:4, “These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go to the house of God under the protection of the Mighty One with shouts of joy and praise among the festive throng.” As a child of God, draw near to God in faith, (Bible, James 4:8) pouring out your heart to Him. Then He will hear you, and grant you the desires of your heart and make you glad. Trust in Him.
For the Power of Prayer Holy Bible prophesied:
(1) Bible, Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it will be given to you seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
(2) Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.
(3) Bible, Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
(4) Bible, John 14:13-14 Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
(5) Bible, Mark 9:29 And he said to them, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer.”
(6) Bible, Acts 9:40 But Peter put them all outside, and knelt down and prayed; and turning to the body he said, “Tabitha, arise.” And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter she sat up.
(7) Bible, James 5:14-16 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another,that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
(8) Bible, Ephesians 6:18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,
(9) Bible, Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.